Chris Wooding Header

Vote for Frey!!!

Darian Frey’s Suvudu Cage Match is up! Follow the link to read how I think the fight would go, and then vote for Frey. Then pass it around and get your friends to do the same. Let’s get him into the next round so I, er, have to think of some way he can beat the crap out of an even MORE impossible opponent from a book I haven’t read ;)

Vote vote vote!!!

19 Comments

1. Andreea says:

Frey’s one of my favorite characters so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for him. Plus, he’s way better, he has a possessed cutlass for Pete’s sake! Dragons are over-rated.

2. Rebecca says:

Nooo, Frey’s losing! What about his incredible luck? 8′D I love the extract by the the wat, Oh, and they said I can enter my artwork even though I’m not a US resident, so I’m going to draw him!

3. Rebecca says:

*by the way, even. That comment was typo central. Also I shared the link with my friends to get them to vote too! :)

4. Looks like you might have to draw his flaming corpse ;) Too many dragon fans out there. That, or French people understandably pissed at having one of their national heroes beheaded by a scruffy semi-alcoholic with vast emotional problems…

5. James says:

I don’t get why Frey’s incapable to mentally hurdle the idea of Crake eating fruit. If anyone in the crew were to eat fruit it would either be him or Jez . . . or maybe Slag.

6. Rebecca says:

In light of how the votes are going, I decided to cover both eventualities :D Didn’t quite muster a flaming corpse, but you get the idea. XD

Here’s a nice series-looking Frey: http://bloodroseangel.deviantart.com/art/Darian-Frey-289231040

And… well, here’s how things could go if he doesn’t win. http://bloodroseangel.deviantart.com/art/Alternate-Ending-289271088

Either way, I apologise if I wrecked everyone’s mental image of Frey. 8′D

7. Andreea says:

Hmpf, Napoleon’s on top of the list when it comes to problems. I mean, look! He’s overcompensating by riding a freaking dragon. Frey at least knows he’s awesome, so he’s still the best.

8. Andreea says:

Ahahaha, Rebecca, those are awesome images, especially the one with Frey on fire.

9. Rebecca says:

Thanks! X3 Couldn’t resist drawing Frey more than once. He’s too much fun! ;D

By the way my ‘series’ up there was meant to say ‘serious’. I don’t know what I’m typing lately. XD

Has the match ended? I can’t work it out from the match page. I know one of my other favourite writers said her characters’ match ended, and her character lost too. :c

10. I think Frey is dead, once again proving that democracy is just plain wrong ;)

Those pics are great, Rebecca. Run, flaming Frey! Run!

11. Rebecca says:

Thanks! :)

Poor ol’ Frey 8′D

12. Roderick says:

Chris,

I wasn’t sure where to place this so I hope you don’t mind that I added it here. I really like the Ketty Jay Novels and I just picked up the 3rd on in hardback. I would like to get the first two in hardback, but I cannot locate anyone at all that has Retribution Falls in hardback, was it published in that format? Also any suggestions on where I can get Blacklung Captain for under a $100 US?

Thanks,
    Roderick

13. They were all pubbed in hardback in the UK, but not in the US. There were only a few thousand done of each in hardback, though, so they may be rare now. I’d suggest trying Bookdepository.com or Abebooks.co.uk. Hope that helps.

14. Roderick says:

Thank you for the suggestions Chris. Unfortunately neither site has them. It appears I will be paying a premium for Black Lung Captain and searching hard for Retribution Falls in hardback.

Thanks again,
    Roderick

15. Jord says:

hiya i have finished the poster! i will try to post it & i will tell you where when i do

16. Roderick says:

Success! I now have all three novels in hardback!

17. Well done! Back when I was a kid that would have entailed a lifelong quest through shady third-hand bookstores in foreign cities, run by strange Oriental gentlemen who may or may not have sold me a Mogwai. Or a box that opened a dimension of unlimited pain. Man, those were the days.

18. Robert Fisher says:

The Picture of Darian Frey on the Suduvu Cage Match makes Darian look like some kid, No wonder Darian is in trouble. With a picture like that you should add SLAG the cat and maybe Darian would win. At the least a picture of the Darian Frey that I know; hard chasing, and hard fighting Darian Frey would win to be sure.

19. Wolf says:

i see absolutely no reason why Frey would not win he has that damn sword of his… Crake’s. you know he would just pull some underhanded crap like throw it and let the demon impale Napoleon through the facehole.

or he would just steal Silo’s shotgun and bang step step the dragon… excuse the inside joke.